Tyler Square Outpatient Surgery Center
415 S. Fleishel
Tyler, Texas 75701
Tyler Square Outpatient Surgery Center, located just two blocks from Mother Frances Hospital, is a free-standing outpatient surgery facility that offers complete day surgical services in comfortable, quiet, peaceful surroundings. The 13,500 square-foot facility was built with features and ambience designed to put the patient's body and mind at ease. From the highly-skilled staff to the most advanced technologies, our goal is to make the patient's experience at Tyler Square a reflection of our high standards and caring attitude.
Day of Surgery:
- Do not eat or drink anything after midnight the day before your surgery, unless your doctor tells you otherwise
- Do not smoke
- Remove contact lenses or bring your lens holder
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home
- Dentures may be worn until we ask that you take them out
- If your surgery requires an overnight stay in the hospital, leave all belongings with your family until you have a room on the surgical unit
- Shower with the soap provided before going to bed and again the next morning, if ordered (Take care not get this soap in your eyes or ears)
- One visitor is allowed in the pre-operative area before your surgery. Your family will wait in the surgery waiting area during your surgery.
- Bring a list of your current medications
- Bring a list of past surgeries
- Wear loose fitting clothes the day of surgery
- A parent or legal guardian must be with any unmarried patient under the age of 18 years old
- A responsible adult must drive you home after surgery
- It is important to have someone stay with you the first 24 hours after your surgery
- The average length of stay is five to six hours from admission to discharge.
- If needed, you doctor may decide to admit you to the hospital, we will contact your family to make plans for your stay
Pass (Pre-Admission Surgery Screening)
Before You Have Surgery