While you trust the knowledge and judgment of your caregivers, your understanding of the medication(s) you are taking is crucial to the safe and accurate use of those medications.
At CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, we pride ourselves on providing all patients with the information necessary to ensure they understand their medication and possible side effects. Our physicians and care teams are here to help you and your family with all at-home or in-hospital medication administration.
What you can do
- Print a Medication Wallet Card.
- Try to use only one primary pharmacy.
- Let all of your doctors and pharmacists know the following:
- All prescription and over-the-counter medications, dietary supplements, herbs, vitamins and home remedies you are using.
- Any allergic reactions you may have had.
- Learn about your medications.
- Read the information you are given with a new prescription.
- Ask questions.
- Use and store medication safely.
- Follow directions exactly.
- Measure carefully.
- Keep in the original container.
- Store according to directions.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Throw away expired medications.
- Carry a current medications log with you at all times.
While in the hospital
Ask your caregivers about all of the medications you receive. It's important that you and your physician are honest about the medications you're currently taking or need to take for your care, to ensure absolute safety.
If you're curious about your medications, side effects, dietary restrictions or other details, see your care team and be sure to as your physician for details.
We care about your medication safety
Your medication safety is an important piece of your stay with CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances hospitals or visit to our clinics. If you have any questions or concerns about medication you've been directed to take, call us immediately for clarification.