Pharmacy Residency Program
Come see us at the UH College of Pharmacy Showcase!
UH Main Campus Alumni Center
3204 Cullen Blvd
Houston, TX 77204-2000
November 4, 2016 from 2pm - 4:30pm
Come see us at the DFW Region Residency Showcase!
Methodist Dallas Medical Center
1441 N Beckley Ave
Dallas, TX 75203
November 14, 2016 from 5:30pm - 7pm
Come see us at ASHP Midyear 2016!
Las Vegas, Nevada
December 4-8, 2016
The PGY1 Residency at CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances is a one-year postdoctoral training program designed to enhance and strengthen the resident’s clinical skills and knowledge of the practice of pharmacy. The resident gains practice experience in direct patient care by working independently under the direction of his/her preceptor and participating in team-based interdisciplinary care in various areas of the hospital. The resident also works with a research mentor to develop a project to be presented at a regional or national pharmacy conference. High priority is placed on teaching principles of evidence-based care, and patient safety considerations are also emphasized throughout the program. The ultimate outcome of our PGY-1 program is to produce well-rounded generalist clinicians capable of independent clinical pharmacy practice in a health system setting and/or preparation for PGY-2 specialty training.
- Pharmacy Operations (5 weeks)
- Internal Medicine (6 weeks)
- Critical Care (6 weeks)
- Pediatrics/NICU (6 weeks)
- Infectious Disease (4 weeks)
- Drug Information (4 weeks)
- Pharmacy Management (4 weeks)
- Care Transitions (4 weeks)
Electives: Choice of three 4-week rotations
- Pharmacy Informatics
- Emergency Medicine
- Advanced core elective
- Ambulatory Care/Anticoagulation Clinic
Two 8-hour weekend shifts and one evening shift per month. Residents will receive one weekday off during the week following their weekend shifts.
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- PTO: 6.77 hours per pay period (per 2 weeks)
- ASHP Midyear Reimbursement
- Doctor of Pharmacy Degree from an ACPE Accredited School of Pharmacy
- Eligibility for Texas State Board of Pharmacy Licensure
- Completed PhORCAS application including:
- Three recommendations
- Official transcripts for PharmD coursework
- Letter of Interest
- Curriculum Vitae