Volunteer. You'll Be Amazed What You Get in Return.
Since forming in 1958, Trinity Mother Frances Volunteer Services has grown from a handful of volunteers to the more than 250 dedicated men and women providing a variety of valuable services in many departments of our Tyler, Jacksonville and Winnsboro hospitals.
The volunteer team at Trinity Mother Frances hospitals and clinics is made up of dedicated men and women willing to offer at least four hours a week to provide a variety of valuable services. They are a big reason our patients have such an exceptional experience while in our care.
The commitment of our volunteers has cultivated an environment where they have flourished and all truly play an integral part in the patient's experience while in the care of our health system.
At Trinity Mother Frances, miracles occur every day, from the birth of a baby to the first words of a rehabilitated stroke patient. It is a true gift that the members of the Trinity Mother Frances Volunteer Services have the opportunity to lend a hand, offer a smile or open their hearts to while supporting the mission of Trinity Mother Frances Hospitals & Clinics.
Who can volunteer?
We welcome adult and school-aged volunteers to give a weekly minimum of four hours of service.
There are many placements available to fit individual schedules, abilities and interests and our volunteers can work directly with patients or family members and visitors in non-patient areas.
We do our best to match the interests, skills, life experiences, personal goals and availability with the health system's needs.
What can I do to help as a volunteer?
- Greet patients, families and visitors
- Provide patient room information, answer and transfer telephone calls
- Transport patients who need assistance or escort individuals to various hospital destinations
- Work in harmony with clinical staff on patient care units to deliver various non-clinical services requested by patients and employees
- Participate in job shadowing placements for high school and college student volunteers
- Participate in fundraising efforts to benefit specific projects of the Trinity Mother Frances Foundation
- Participate in animal-assisted therapy, known as the Therapet Program, making hospital visits with highly-trained pets and handlers to aid in the healing and recovery of our patients
How Do I Join?
For more information on becoming a Trinity Mother Frances Volunteer, please visit our How to Apply page.
Hear From Our Volunteers