Urinary Incontinence is Treatable…so why wait? Take charge and revitalize your life today.
Trinity Mother Frances Urology Institute and Continence Center specializes in bladder control problems. Our dedicated physicians and staff are highly qualified with specialized training in incontinence evaluation and treatment. They are skilled at finding the causes of urinary incontinence and, in most cases, the cure.
At the Trinity Mother Frances Urology Institute and Continence Center you'll find:
• A comfortable, private and respectful atmosphere
• Dr. Robert Frederick, who is fellowship-trained in urinary incontinence, will personally explain the results of your analysis and recommend effective treatment options.
• The best equipped center in east Texas, able to perform a complete range of physical and behavioral tests to pinpoint the cause of bladder control problems, even in difficult-to-detect cases.
• State-of-the-art diagnostic capabilities including computer-assisted devices to monitor bladder pressure, urinary flow and sphincter muscle strength.
• A supportive team of highly skilled nurses specially trained in the techniques of urodynamics analysis, self-catheterization, patient education and biofeedback therapy.
What is Urinary Incontinence?
More than 30 million Americans suffer from a medical condition called urinary incontinence, the involuntary loss of urine. Disorders such as stroke, spinal cord injury and multiple sclerosis may be the cause of abnormal urination. Fifty percent of women and twenty-five percent of men will experience urinary incontinence in their lifetime. Despite its prevalence, most people with incontinence are reluctant to seek medical attention. Often ashamed or embarrassed, they limit their social or recreational activities. In this manner, urinary incontinence deprives many men and women of their independence and can severely affect their quality of life.
• Stress Incontinence
o Coughing, sneezing, straining or exercise triggers the involuntary leakage of small amounts of urine.
• Urge Incontinence
o A sudden, urgent and uncontrollable need to empty the bladder before you can safely reach a toilet.
• Overflow Incontinence
o When the bladder is full, small but uncontrollable leaks of urine spill out.
• Mixed Incontinence
o A combination of the above symptoms of loss of bladder control.
• Enuresis (n-your-ee-sis)
o 10% of children over 5 years of age and 1% of young adults over 16 years of age involuntarily wet their beds during the night.
• Computer-assisted biofeedback
• Bladder retraining
• Drug therapy
• Injection therapy to strengthen the sphincter (valve muscle)
• Implantation of a "bladder pacemaker"
• Surgical therapy
• Continuity of care - we believe in the importance of regular follow-up visits to monitor your progress
In addition to our medical expertise, our health care professionals have a genuine understanding of incontinence, one that appreciates the condition, respects confidentiality and wins patient trust.
A visit to the Trinity Mother Frances Urology Institute and Continence Center may be right for you if you experience any of the following:
• Loss of bladder control which hampers social activity or causes embarrassment
• You need to rush to the bathroom, but do not arrive in time
• You feel pain during urination or when your bladder is full
• You need to urinate frequently, but do not have a urinary infection
• You have frequent bladder infections
• You begin to leak urine after an operation
• You are unable to urinate after an operation
• Your bladder is not completely empty after urination
• Your urinary stream is getting weaker or you must strain to urinate
• Another physician has told you that your incontinence cannot be improved
For Our Patients
The physicians and staff of Trinity Clinic strive to offer our patients, convenient and high quality care and one of the ways we do this is by offering our patients online health services at MyChart, including:
• Online appointment scheduling
• Medical record access
• Medication renewals
PASS (Pre-Admission Surgery Screening)
PASS is pre-admission surgery screening that helps you get prepared for surgery. By utilizing this service, you will save time on the day of your surgery since you will already be admitted to the hospital and your pre-op testing will be completed.
Urology Institute & Continence Center
910 E. Houston, Suite 470
Tyler, Texas 75702
Map To Clinic