Sauyu Lin, MD
Trinity Mother Frances Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Endoscopy
1995-1999 Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
1999-2002 Duke University Medical Center
2002-2005 Duke University Medical Center - Gastroenterology
Honors and Awards
2005 NAGFC podium presenter
2004 ACG Capsule Endoscopy Grant recipient
Mayo Clinic Fellows’ Travel Award winner
North American Gastroenterology Fellows Conference (NAGFC)
2003 Southeastern Gastroenterology Fellows Conference participant
Duke Liver Center Pilot Program Grant recipient
2002 AGA/Wyeth-Ayers Resident Report Program participant
Robert M. Califf Housestaff Research Award
Barton F. Haynes Housestaff Research Award
2001 Barton F. Haynes Housestaff Research Award
Assistant Chief Resident
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
Dr. Lin earned his Bachelor of Arts and Sciences, summa cum laude, from Tulane University, majoring in chemistry and biology before completing his medical degree at Vanderbilt University School of Medicine. He completed his residency and fellowship training in gastroenterology at Duke University Medical Center. Dr. Lin served as medical director of the Digestive Disease Center at Mother Frances Hospital from 2006 – 2009. He also served on the CME Committee and the Quality Assurance Committee of Trinity Mother Frances Hospitals and Clinics.
Publications and Submissions
1. Canlas K, Dobozi B, Lin S, Smith A, Rockey D, Muir, A, Agrawal N, Poleski M, Patel K, and McHutchison J. Using Capsule Endoscopy to Identify GI Tract Lesions in Cirrhotic Patients With Portal Hypertension and Chronic Anemia. Journal of Clincal Gastroenterology; 2008: 42 (7): 844-8.
2. Tendler D, Lin S, Yancy W, Mavropoulos J, Sylvestre P, Rockey D, and Westman E. The Effect of a Low-Carbohydrate, Ketogenic Diet on Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: A Pilot Study. Digestive Diseases and Sciences; 2007: 52 (2): 589-593.
3. Lin S, Konstance R, Jollis J, and Fisher D. The Utility of Upper Endoscopy in Patients with Concomitant Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding and Acute Myocardial Infarction. Digestive Disease & Sciences; 2006:51(12):2377-83.
4. Lin S, Rockey D. Obscure and Occult Gastrointestinal Bleeding. Gastrointestinal Clinics of North American. 2005;34(4):679-98.
5. Lin S and Shetzline M. Small Bowel Endoscopy. Handbook of Gastroenterologic Procedures. Fourth Edition, Chapter 6, pages 38-46.
6. Lin S, Shetzline M and Agrawal N. Capsule Endoscopy. Practical Gastroenterology 2004;28:13-34.
7. Lin S and Shetzline M. Early Diagnosis of Crohn’s Disease in Children Using Capsule Endoscopy. Practical Gastroenterology 2003;17:55,76.
8. Lin S, Branch S and Shetzline M. The Importance of Indication in the Diagnostic Yield of Push Enteroscopy. Endoscopy 2003; 35: 315-321.
9. Lin S and Shetzline M. Pitfalls in the Use of the Technetium 99mPertechnetate Scan in the Diagnosis of Occult Gastrointestinal Bleeding. Southern Medical Journal 2002; 95: 1338-1341.
1. Tendler D, Lin S, Westman E, Yancy W, Hepburn S, and Rockey DC. A Carbohydrate-restricted Diet in the Treatment of Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis: A Pilot Study. Digestive Disease Week, 5/05, Chicago, IL
2. Dobozi B, Lin S, Smith A, Agrawal N, Rockey D, Muir A, Patel K, and McHutchison J. The Use of Capsule Endoscopy in the Evaluation of Small Bowel Varices. Digestive Disease Week, 5/05, Chicago, IL
3. Lin S and Fisher D. Risk of Re-bleeding in Patients with Peptic Ulcer Disease Receiving Anticoagulation. American College of Gastroenterology 10/04, Orlando, Fl.
4. Lin S, Micames C, Konstance R, Jollis J, and Fisher D. Is Upper Endoscopy Underutilized in the Setting of Acute Myocardial Infarction and Gastrointestinal Bleeding? Digestive Disease Week 5/04, New Orleans, LA
5. Lin S, Konstance R, Jollis J, and Fisher D. The Utility of Upper Endoscopy in the Setting of Acute Myocardial Infarction. American College of Gastroenterology 10/03, Baltimore, MD.
6. Lin S and Shetzline M. Diagnosis of Small Bowel Varices using Capsule Endoscopy. American College of Gastroenterology 10/02, Seattle, WA.
7. Lin S, Treem W, and Shetzline M. Early Diagnosis of Crohn’s Disease in Children Using Capsule Endoscopy. American College of Gastroenterology 10/02, Seattle, WA.
8. Lin S, Branch S and Shetzline M. The Yield of Push Enteroscopy in a Large Tertiary Care Center. American College of Gastroenterology 10/00, New York, NY.