Patient Quick Facts
The Louis & Peaches Owen Heart Hospital—the first and only heart hospital in the region—builds upon more than 25 years of pioneering heart care for East Texans and launches a new era in improved cardiac care and patient safety. This new approach to heart care incorporates the latest technologies and processes, while also including healing concepts and patient-centered features that involve the family along with medical staff to ensure the best possible outcomes.
In 1983, our health care team saw a need for cardiovascular services in the region. Through the decades, Trinity Mother Frances, with the dedicated cardiologists of Tyler Cardiovascular Associates, has pioneered advanced cardiac care, offering the most experienced staff, state-of-the-art facilities, advanced technology, cutting-edge research, and highly skilled cardiovascular specialists to meet the growing need for these services.
Heart disease remains the leading cause of death for Texas men and women. Not only is the mortality rate for east Texans higher than the state average, but the need for cardiovascular services is projected to grow by more than 20 percent in the next decade. To meet the need, Trinity Mother Frances has launched an integrated program of care focused on disease prevention, early detection and optimal treatment of heart disease, bringing together an outstanding team of cardiothoracic surgeons, vascular specialists and cardiologists in a new state-of-the-art facility to care for cardiac patients.
More heart procedures have been performed at Trinity Mother Frances than in any other East Texas facility.
• More than 638,000 cardiac procedures
• More than 13,000 open-heart surgeries
• More than 60,000 cardiac catheterizations
• More than 16,000 interventional cardiac stents
• Nearly 12,000 pacemaker/electrophysiology procedures
• More than 300 robotic-assisted heart surgeries
• First Intensive Care Unit in east Texas
• First in the region to perform permanent pacemaker implantation
• First open-heart surgery suite in east Texas
• First comprehensive Heart Institute in the region
• One of the first in the U.S. to introduce clot-busting drugs
• First in east Texas with advanced lipid testing
• First in the U.S. with total EKG networking capabilities
• First in east Texas with accredited Chest Pain Center
• First robotic heart bypass surgery in east Texas performed at TMF Heart Institute
• First institution in east Texas with da Vinci®, the world's most advanced surgical robotic system
• First in east Texas to implement CODE STEMI protocol for rapid assessment and treatment of heart attack victims
with ST-elevation myocardial infarction
• First in east Texas to perform minimally invasive mitral valve repair
• Only provider of total endoscopic coronary artery bypass in Texas
This impressive list of firsts is due to several factors: first, our commitment to providing state-of-the-art technology for cardiovascular services, as well as the dedicated and highly-skilled cardiologists and cardiovascular surgeons practicing at the Louis & Peaches Owen Heart Hospital. We bring these two elements together to best serve the needs of heart patients in the region.
Louis & Peaches Owen Heart Hospital Performs First S-ICD Implant in East Texas
Get our iPhone app from the iTunes Store
Get our app from the Android Market