June 21 2011 - Trinity Mother Frances Opens Tyler's Only Comprehensive Outpatient Imaging Center
For Immediate Release
June 21, 2011
For more information:
Public Information Officer
Trinity Mother Frances
TRINITY MOTHER FRANCES OPENS TYLER'S ONLY COMPREHENSIVE OUTPATIENT IMAGING CENTER
Tyler, TX -- Today, officials with Trinity Mother Frances Hospitals and Clinics offered tours of the new Trinity Mother Frances Outpatient Imaging Center, Tyler's only comprehensive imaging facility. The $7 million center is located inside HealthPark Plaza at 1327 Troup Highway and includes technologically advanced equipment designed to offer patients one location for their imaging needs and assist physicians in providing effective, convenient and quality medical care. The Center includes new technology that provides patients faster exams with better image clarity, more comfort, and convenience.
"We have led the medical community with our imaging technology, but this is the first time all of the latest systems have been centralized at one location so that it is easy for patients to navigate," said Todd Hancock, vice president of operations, Trinity Mother Frances Hospitals and Clinics. "I believe the Trinity Mother Frances Outpatient Imaging Center rivals the best-of-the-best of comparable centers anywhere in the country."
The Trinity Mother Frances outpatient Imaging Center services range from digital X-ray and fluoroscopy to nuclear medicine, diagnostic and vascular ultrasound, and advanced Magnetic Resonance Imaging studies using the Magnetom Skyra, the most advanced 3T MRI in the world.
"My patients deserve the best, which is why I send them to the Trinity Mother Frances Outpatient Imaging Center for their imaging needs," said Ted Willis, MD, Trinity Clinic. "I think people have a right to expect high quality," said Anne Pileggi, Administrative Director for Systems Imaging, Trinity Mother Frances Hospitals and Clinics. "They expect that from any provider, particularly from one with the reputation of Trinity Mother Frances. I want to emphasize that not only do we have this high level of technology, we also have a high level of caring in that we want to treat every patient as if they are part of our family. We know they’re not feeling well, they wouldn’t be coming to us if they were, but we want to treat them with the utmost dignity and respect and high level of customer service from the moment they walk through the door until they’re finished with their exam."
Officials added that the Center also offers special cash pricing for patients with no insurance.
About The Technology
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) - Uses nuclear magnetic resonance to produce images of the molecules that make up a substance, especially the soft tissues of the human body. Magnetic resonance imaging is used in medicine to diagnose disorders of body structures that do not show up well on X-rays.
The Center's new Magnetom® 3T Skyra MRI offers a maximum patient weight limit with a larger open bore to alleviate problems for larger or claustrophobic patients.
• 550 lb. weight limit and 27.6 inch open bore alleviates concerns of larger and claustrophobic patients. With a 68.11 inch magnet, most exams can be done with the patient's head outside of the system
• Innovative technology that provides fast, personalized scans tailored to patients' specific needs, as well as better patient positioning
• Crystal clear and highly-detailed images not available with a completely open MRI
The Magnetom Symphony™ 1.5T MRI brings comfort and offers better image clarity.
• Faster, more comfortable exams for patients
• Views the smallest details with incredible clarity
• Panoramic array that allows flexible combinations of up to four different coils
• Crystal clear images not available with a completely open MRI
Computed Tomography (CT) is a method of examining body organs by scanning them with X-rays and using a computer to construct a series of cross-sectional scans along a single axis.
The Sensation 64 Slice CT provides speed, resolution and coverage without compromise.
• Maximum diagnostic detail at the fastest speed with the lowest possible radiation dose
• Image quality and detail that is hard to outperform
• Obtains images in a single-breath hold, improving patient comfort and reducing radiation exposure
The Symbia® TruePoint SPECT CT offers nuclear medicine in HD.
• Ideal for the early detection and staging of cancer and heart disease
• Accommodates patients of all sizes and body types
• Open gantry and ultra-thin pallet enhance patient comfort and enable technicians to perform highly accurate and organ and tissue-specific studies
• High Definition digital detectors offer unsurpassed imaging performance and expanded clinical capabilities
Digital X-ray is a form of X-ray imaging, where sensors are used instead of film. The elimination of the film development process reduces processing time significantly. The digital format allows for image enhancement and easy transfer and storage of the image in the patient's electronic medical record.
• Reduced radiation exposure for the patient
• Digitally transfer and enhance images
• Immediate image preview and availability
About The Trinity Mother Frances Outpatient Imaging Center
The Trinity Mother Frances Outpatient Imaging Center, located at 1327 Troup Highway in Tyler, is open Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. until 7 p.m. The Center accepts all insurance plans with in and out-of-network benefits and offers cash price options. For more information regarding cash pricing requirements or to schedule a procedure, call (903) 531-4700 or (877) 531-4700.
About Trinity Mother Frances Hospitals and Clinics
Trinity Mother Frances Hospitals and Clinics includes The Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital, Mother Frances Hospital-Tyler, Mother Frances Hospital-Jacksonville, Mother Frances Hospital-Winnsboro, Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital, affiliated with HealthSouth, Tyler ContinueCARE Hospital, a long-term acute care facility, and Trinity Clinic. Trinity Clinic is the area's preferred multispecialty medical group, with over 280 physicians and mid-level providers representing 38 specialties in 36 clinic locations serving east Texas. For more information on services available through Trinity Mother Frances Hospitals and Clinics, visit tmfhc.org.
# # #